There are times when you wish to privately share a YouTube video with just one person and not the whole world. Maybe it’s a draft or a video for a client. Maybe it is for your friends only because you want them to give you some feedback. Or maybe it is a video of your devil cat!
Your first thought is, “Can you really make an unlisted video?” Well, the problem with that is someone can accidentally share it with other people and then it is opened up for the whole world to see‒ and that is not good.
Honestly, it’s not hard at all to share a private YouTube video with an individual or a select few. And there are two separate ways to share a YouTube video privately… with anyone that you want… in the world.
- This first way will let you upload a new video. Go to the upper right-hand corner and click on Upload. You will see Privacy Settings and click on that because most of you are already set for Public. Now, change your setting to Private and you are ready to share with anyone that has an email address or connected to Google+. Google + also gives you the option to group your people into different circles. This way, if you have a private little group, you don’t need to put in 2,823 different profiles. Go ahead and connect to that specific circle. Now you can click Upload and select the video that you would like to upload in Private mode. You can still add more people in this Private mode until you have everyone you want to include. This will give them a link and also notifies them so they can go to that specific video. The last thing is to click the Share button and you are finished.
- The second way to share a private YouTube video is to click in the upper right-hand corner. Click on the Avatar icon and click on Creator Studio. Select the Video Manager so it will display all the videos that you have. Select a video, check to see if it is already listed as Private and change it if you need to. Again, check your email addresses or Google+ account to change from public to private. Anyone that is connected will be notified that there is a video that they are able to see with a link, and they will be the only ones that can view that video.
Now, to make this work, your YouTube channel actually has to be connected to your Google+ page. Most of you already have your Google+ profile account and YouTube channel linked together, so this makes it even easier.
Watch the Video Below:
Enjoy this video?
Please subscribe to Derral Eves' YouTube channel
Want to share your YouTube video with someone privately and not make it available for the world to see. Derral shows you how to share a private YouTube video with anyone you want.
Get More Great Tips – Subscribe ➜ http://goo.gl/dWNo9H
My Favorite YouTube Tool TubeBuddy
Download TubeBuddy Free Today! ➜ http://goo.gl/PrGfLe
Share this Video:
YouTube Channel Evaluations
Be the Next Lucky Subscriber to get an In-depth Channel Evaluation:
1. Must be subscribed to My YouTube Channel
2. Must be uploading good quality content frequently to your YouTube Channel and really trying hard to make it
3. Must be engaged in my channel by liking, commenting, posting, sharing and encouraging others to subscribe to my channel.
Advanced YouTube Training
YouTube Channel Evaluations
Other Great Resources
YouTube UnderGround Google Community
Ask me A Question
Have something to add?