You’re getting ready to make your next YouTube video and want to use some popular music in it. You find yourself growing concerned because you don’t know what copyright claims are on your choice of song or what the restrictions are or if it will be blocked out in certain countries. Well, guess what? There is a new tool out there that is super cool that YouTube has added to help content creators. If you are going to use popular music in your next YouTube video or do a cover song to add to your YouTube channel, you need to read on!
YouTube has made it really easy to see if a song or the music you want to use is actually copyrighted. They also show you the restrictions for that music which is really powerful because they put everything in a library that simplifies your effort.
Here is what you do:
- To find the library, mouse up to the upper right-hand corner and click the Avatar icon. Go down to Creator Studio. This will launch your dashboard. On the left-hand side you will see the tab Create. Click on it and this will begin your Audio Library.
- In Audio Library, you will see a new tab called Ad-Supported Music. Click on this and it will show you all the different music files that are there, along with the popular music and the restrictions that are on it.
- For example, if you wanted to use “Happy” in one of your videos or do a cover song of “Happy”, click on that song to see the information listed. It will show that the playback is viewable worldwide. The reason for this is sometimes the playback might be restricted in certain countries. Germany is notorious for that as well.
- After looking at the copyright information, look at what it says about monetization. You can’t always monetize the video. This happens because there will be match content, and you will see the match content and the people that actually own the copyright for “Happy” who will actually make the ad revenue off of it as well. This is a very important note to know and understand. Copyright owners can readily change their policy and take down all the videos that are there, so it is really out of your control‒ only the person that owns the copyright can do this.
Here is another example of how powerful this library really is. I was born in 1974. That’s right… 1974, and the Jackson 5 had a single that was hot at the time called “Dancing Machine”. If I type in that song, it brings up Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5. If I click on this, you will see that the playback is viewable except in Germany. Remember, Germany has some really tight restrictions and you can’t monetize this video, and the ad revenue will go to the copyright holder.
If you’re looking to do another cover or use this music, go through this library to see what restrictions are there. Keep in mind that the copyright owners can actually change their policy. Now, if you don’t see the particular song you are searching for, do a little more research to see if that song is actually copyrighted and see if there is any type of restrictions on it.
Watch the Video Below:
Enjoy this video?
Please subscribe to Derral Eves' YouTube channel
YouTube Music Restrictions – Want to use popular music in your next YouTube Video? Watch this video – how to see if a song or music is copyrighted and what are restrictions from the copyright holder.
Share this Video:
Get More Great Tips – Subscribe ➜ http://goo.gl/dWNo9H
My Favorite YouTube Tool TubeBuddy
Download TubeBuddy Free Today! ➜ http://goo.gl/PrGfLe
YouTube Channel Evaluations
Be the Next Lucky Subscriber to get an In-depth Channel Evaluation:
1. Must be subscribed to My YouTube Channel
2. Must be uploading good quality content frequently to your YouTube Channel and really trying hard to make it
3. Must be engaged in my channel by liking, commenting, posting, sharing and encouraging others to subscribe to my channel.
Advanced YouTube Training
Other Great Resources
YouTube UnderGround Google Community
Ask me A Question
How To See If A Song or Music is Copyrighted – YouTube Music Restrictions Library